Clarify that the user should run rs.initiate() only on the node that is to be the primary. Reading the steps for the deploy geographically distributed replica set, it is quite unclear whether the user needs to perform the steps for all the nodes and we had a user create 3 primaries.
1) On each system start the mongod process by issuing a command similar to following:...
2) Open a mongo shell connected to this host: ## Exactly what is meant by this host?###
3) Use rs.initiate() to initiate a replica set consisting of the current member and using the default configuration:
And, on this page
http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/deploy-replica-set/, on step 3,
3) Open a mongo shell and connect to the first mongod instance. In a new shell session, enter the following:
- Shouldn't we clarify that by "first mongod instance", we mean the node that you want to be primary?