Uploaded image for project: 'Documentation'
  1. Documentation
  2. DOCS-6799

Changes to profiler entries / logs for getMore in 3.2.1

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Task
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major - P3
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Server
    • Labels:
      None
    • Last comment by Customer:
      true

      Description

      In SERVER-21750, we made some small changes to the format of a getMore command profiler entry and the logs in version 3.2.1:

      • We omit ntoreturn and ntoskip from the the log line for any command, including getMore command. ntoreturn and ntoskip will still appear for log lines for legacy OP_QUERY find or legacy OP_GET_MORE. (DOCS-6141)
      • We added nreturned to the log line and profiler for getMore command (a bug fix). (no-op )
      • We now upconvert legacy OP_GET_MORE profiler entries to look similar to getMore command. (heh – no-op since we already lumped getMore = command + OP_GET_MORE)

      Here is an example to demonstrate the third change. Prior to the change, OP_GET_MORE profiler entries look like this:

      { "op" : "getmore", "ns" : "test.c", "query" : {  }, "cursorid" : 22112274967,
      "cursorExhausted" : true, "keyUpdates" : 0, "writeConflicts" : 0, "numYield" :
      0, "locks" : { "Global" : { "acquireCount" : { "r" : NumberLong(2) } },
      "MMAPV1Journal" : { "acquireCount" : { "r" : NumberLong(1) } }, "Database" : {
      "acquireCount" : { "r" : NumberLong(1) } }, "Collection" : { "acquireCount" : {
      "R" : NumberLong(1) } } }, "nreturned" : 2, "responseLength" : 64, "millis" : 0,
      "execStats" : {  }, "ts" : ISODate("2015-12-09T22:59:16.181Z"), "client" :
      "127.0.0.1", "allUsers" : [ ], "user" : "" }
      

      After this change, the profiler entry for an identical OP_GET_MORE is "upconverted" to appear as a getMore command:

      { "op" : "getmore", "ns" : "test.c", "query" : { "getMore" :
      NumberLong("24490776063"), "collection" : "c", "batchSize" : NumberLong(3) },
      "cursorid" : 24490776063, "cursorExhausted" : true, "keyUpdates" : 0,
      "writeConflicts" : 0, "numYield" : 0, "locks" : { "Global" : { "acquireCount" :
      { "r" : NumberLong(2) } }, "MMAPV1Journal" : { "acquireCount" : { "r" :
      NumberLong(1) } }, "Database" : { "acquireCount" : { "r" : NumberLong(1) } },
      "Collection" : { "acquireCount" : { "R" : NumberLong(1) } } }, "nreturned" : 2,
      "responseLength" : 64, "millis" : 0, "execStats" : {  }, "ts" :
      ISODate("2015-12-09T22:59:52.701Z"), "client" : "127.0.0.1", "allUsers" : [ ],
      "user" : "" }
      

      I'm not sure if there are any documentation changes required associated with this change. Since it changes user-facing output, however, I wanted to make sure the DOCS team is aware and can take action as necessary.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              kay.kim Kay Kim (Inactive)
              Reporter:
              david.storch David Storch
              Participants:
              Last commenter:
              Kay Kim Kay Kim (Inactive)
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:
                Days since reply:
                3 years, 35 weeks ago
                Date of 1st Reply: