Priority: Major - P3
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Last comment by Customer:true
Once we merge COMPASS-630 / COMPASS-631, Compass will have an "advanced" query bar that lets the user input not just the filter (as before), but also project, sort, skip and limit.
This is for the 1.7.0-beta timeframe, which is roughly mid/end February.
Not all collection-level tabs will expose all options however. As a first step, we will have:
- filter: as before, lets the user provide a filter to refine the schema
- limit: the user can now choose how many documents should be sampled randomly. We still cap the limit at 1000 for performance reasons for now.
- all options (filter, project, sort, skip, limit) are exposed
- only filter is exposed: works as before
The final version (possibly still 1.7.0 timeframe) will have additional options available:
- limit (how many documents should be sampled)
- project (user can choose which fields they want included/excluded in the schema view)
- filter, project, sort, skip, limit all exposed.
Each query option has a little clickable "info sprinkle" in its label, which links to documentation. Therefore, each of the above options needs its own permalink so we can link directly to this section, e.g. "Explain - project" or "Schema - limit".