Currently the Patch page shows a list of failing tasks. To view the failing tests, you open one task at a time.
If many tasks failed, you want to know:
- Did many different jstests fail?
- Or did just a few jstests fail, on many suites?
The summary could say:
- jstests/core/a.js failed on 20 tasks
- jstests/core/b.js failed on 21 tasks
- jstests/noPassthrough/c.js is failing on 4 tasks
Or, if many different tests failed it would say:
- jstests/core/a.js failed on 2 tasks
- jstests/core/b.js failed on 4 tasks
- jstests/core/c.js failed on 1 task
- jstests/core/d.js failed on 37 tasks
- jstests/core/z.js failed on 2 tasks
It's also similar to EVG-14391 or EVG-14653. Those tickets are about making it easier to understand when many js files are failing from the same root cause. This ticket would be about understanding when many suites are failing from the same few js files.