Priority: Major - P3
Affects Version/s: 3.0.1
Fix Version/s: None
See Linked issue. User is running a setup with 4 docker instances:
3 Docker DBs:
- Host 1 member of Replicaset
- Runs a js script that
- Hosts an express server with meta info
- Attempts multiple rapid connections, reads, and writes
1 Docker Client:
- Runs script that:
- pings each express server on DB for results
- aggregates results into metadata
It appears that the bug is as follows: when a member node is partitioned from the network, the script running on that node loses its connection to the replicaset, as expected. However, when the node rejoins the network, the `MongoClient.prototype.connect` promise never settles, neither resolving or rejecting.
The express server continues to operate.