The server selection specification states that drivers MUST NOT attach a $readPreference field to commands destined for a stand alone. Node does, in a follow up PR to runCommand spec work: https://github.com/mongodb/specifications/pull/1416 a test is added that the node driver will, currently, fail.
- upstream and/or downstream requirements and timelines to bear in mind
- questions that need to be answered to determine implementation
- Sync new yaml test changes - or unskip if they are already sync-ed
- Remove attaching $readPreference when the topology is standalone
- unit test, spec test sync, etc
- DOCSP ticket, API docs, etc
- additional tickets to file, required releases, etc