Major - P3
3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3
Window 7 64bit
After install mongod as a service in Window 7 64bit, when trying to start the service it fails to start.
This problem starting coming in the 3.x update.
Things already done for resolving the issue:-
- Ran the server as normal executable. The server starts normally and is working fine. (Not as a service)
- Added config directly to service as arguments
eg. D:\servers\db\mongodb\bin\mongod.exe --dbpath=D:\servers\db\mongodb\data --logpath=D:\servers\db\mongodb\log\mongo.log --logappend --service
The service still fails
- The same config checked with mongo 2.x works both as a service as well as a standalone server
- Tired server with fresh location for data. Still fails as a service.
- No mongo logs are recorded when the server is run as a service and it fails
- Window returns an error
The service is not responding to the control function.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.