Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major - P3
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.0
    • Component/s: Write Ops
    • Labels:
      None
    • Operating System:
      ALL

      Description

      See jstests/update_blank1.js

        Activity

        Hide
        auto auto (Inactive) added a comment -

        Author:

        {u'login': u'erh', u'name': u'Eliot Horowitz', u'email': u'eliot@10gen.com'}

        Message: test for SERVER-2651
        https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/commit/ea825cd6c763f80d96a2199d196416dd9c6fafd8

        Show
        auto auto (Inactive) added a comment - Author: {u'login': u'erh', u'name': u'Eliot Horowitz', u'email': u'eliot@10gen.com'} Message: test for SERVER-2651 https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/commit/ea825cd6c763f80d96a2199d196416dd9c6fafd8
        Hide
        auto auto (Inactive) added a comment -

        Author:

        {u'login': u'milkie', u'name': u'Eric Milkie', u'email': u'milkie@10gen.com'}

        Message: better support for blank field names when comparing them: SERVER-2651

        When passing a blank field name as the second parameter to compareDottedFieldNames, the function
        was returning LEFT_SUBFIELD. By reordering the logic so that we only check for subfields after
        the first lexicographic compare, we now return the correct answer.
        The code change will not affect other cases because the subfield tests test to see if we've reached
        the end of the strings with our parsing. Before the first iteration of the loop, this situation will
        never be true unless one of the field names is blank.
        Branch: master
        https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/commit/3588c09d3572ca1aedfda6e79dc5bf0883eac686

        Show
        auto auto (Inactive) added a comment - Author: {u'login': u'milkie', u'name': u'Eric Milkie', u'email': u'milkie@10gen.com'} Message: better support for blank field names when comparing them: SERVER-2651 When passing a blank field name as the second parameter to compareDottedFieldNames, the function was returning LEFT_SUBFIELD. By reordering the logic so that we only check for subfields after the first lexicographic compare, we now return the correct answer. The code change will not affect other cases because the subfield tests test to see if we've reached the end of the strings with our parsing. Before the first iteration of the loop, this situation will never be true unless one of the field names is blank. Branch: master https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/commit/3588c09d3572ca1aedfda6e79dc5bf0883eac686
        Hide
        jesse A. Jesse Jiryu Davis added a comment -

        Resolved but not closed; I'm lobbying to have it backported to 2.0.x

        Show
        jesse A. Jesse Jiryu Davis added a comment - Resolved but not closed; I'm lobbying to have it backported to 2.0.x

          People

          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:
              Days since reply:
              3 years ago
              Date of 1st Reply: