Uploaded image for project: 'Core Server'
  1. Core Server
  2. SERVER-27943

Removed WiredTiger.turtle then all databases are gone

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Question
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major - P3
    • Resolution: Done
    • Affects Version/s: 3.2.12
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      Cent OS

      Description

      I'm a mongodb beginner from Shenzhen, China, today morning , I ran into a big trouble with mongoDB

      I removed the files below for `service mongod start', then everything goes wrong
      rm mongod.lock
      rm WiredTiger.turtle
      It's really a mitaken I've ever made, then I googled it and tried to repair by command ` mongod --repair`,
      it seems work, but when I try to `show dbs` via the mono shell, there is no db exits any more,
      all my databases have gone...
      afterwards, I google the error log many time , and I have to write to you for help, attaching some files if you need.
      Please reply to me as you will , I really need your help and thank you very much. Please?

      kind regards,

      Tang

        Attachments

        1. error.output.log
          8 kB
        2. mongod.conf
          0.8 kB
        3. mongod.log
          30 kB
        4. WiredTiger.lock
          0.0 kB
        5. WiredTiger.turtle
          1.0 kB
        6. WiredTiger.turtle.bak
          1.0 kB
        7. WiredTiger.turtle.bak2
          1.0 kB
        8. WiredTiger.wt.2
          124 kB
        9. WiredTiger.wt.3
          10.15 MB
        10. WiredTiger.wt.9
          44 kB
        11. WiredTiger.wt2
          32 kB

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            kelsey.schubert Kelsey T Schubert
            Reporter:
            ninetang zhixin tang
            Participants:
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            11 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: