A new resmoke.py YAML suite and Evergreen tasks should be defined to run the tests from the jstests/core/ directory with primary stepdowns happening in the background. The YAML suite should be adapted from the existing retryable_writes_jscore_passthrough.yml suite where it'll additionally
- Use the StepdownThread hook by adding it to the beginning of the hooks list. (see
- Set all_nodes_electable=true as an option for the ReplicaSetFixture so that the secondary has a non-zero priority and the mongo shell is given a replica set connection string. (see
- load()'s the auto-retry logic from
SERVER-30953in addition to jstests/libs/override_methods/enable_sessions.js override.
Note: Any tests which cannot be run with the auto-retry logic from
SERVER-30953 should be tagged with a "requires_getmore" string (or similar), and use the "exclude_with_any_tags" property in the YAML suite definition rather than excluding a long list of tests that we'd need to repeat in other variations.
The new Evergreen tasks should be run on the following build variants:
- Enterprise RHEL 6.2
- Enterprise RHEL 6.2 (inMemory)
- Windows 2008R2 DEBUG
- SSL OS X 10.10
- ASAN Enterprise SSL Ubuntu 16.04 DEBUG
- UBSAN Enterprise Ubuntu 16.04 DEBUG
- Enterprise RHEL 6.2 DEBUG Code Coverage