For the performance testing, we need:
- Get the statistics to measure the correct ops/sec as Matthew Saltz before.
- Change LinkBench to use the new oplog format by setting a server parameter.
- Get the numbers from existing 1-node replset and 3-node replset tests in a patch build.
- Update one workload to include 100,000 small updates in a transaction and test its performance with the old and new format.
- If the performance drops, run LinkBench locally with gperftools enabled to get the profiling to pinpoint the slowdown.