Test creates 15k collections as fast as possible. 4.0.10 is on the left, 4.2.0-rc1 on the right.
- 4.0.10 (B-E)
- overall creating about 150 collections per second
- C-D: rate slows down during checkpoint, but no stalls
- 4.2.0-rc1 (F-J)
- F-G: initial rate is higher
- G: after a few seconds collection creation rate drops to ~3/s, accompanined by a high rate of failed evictions and an extremely high rate of bytes written, ~200 MB/s.
- H: shortly after the checkpoint starts we see an extended stall of ~100 s, during which no FTDC data is collected.
- I: stall ends, but checkpoint continues and very low rate of collection creation and very high rate of bytes written continues (possibly indefinitely?).