In order to have a better picture of how our initial sync is performing in current and previous versions, we need to add more metrics to our logs.
Current important metrics that we already have in our logs -
Future metrics to add (names and methods are TBD)
- collectionsCloned = length of listCollections response
- <collection>.approxBytesCopied = collStats.avgObjSize * documentsCopied
- indexesCloned = dbStats.indexes
- totalIndexSize = dbStats.indexSize
- totalInitialSyncOplogElapsedMillis = time for oplog application phase