Some Go-based tools tests check for a "-test.types' flag, others don't. Not all tests consistently use these flags. Some use constants, others strings. It's very likely that tests are skipped by developers or in the CI environment by not knowing the right incantation for running tests.
Here's how we can rationalize tools testing:
- Unit tests always run, without requiring any explicit command line flags.
- Integration tests run only when MONGODB_URI is set in the environment and will use that URI.
- Auth tests will only run only during integration testing if AUTH_USERNAME and AUTH_PASSWORD are set in the environment.
- SSL tests only run during integration testing when MONGODB_SSL_CA_FILE and MONGODB_SSL_KEY_FILE are set in the environment.
- Kerberos tests only run when MONGODB_KERBEROS is set in the environment.