Constructing a workload that:
- Inserts 16MB values from 10 threads in parallel
- Configures a memory_page_max of 5MB
- Does not do checkpoints
- Does not use explicit transactions
Can lead to in-memory pages growing to over 1GB. That is bad for a number of reasons, including:
- Reconciliation will need to allocate a large amount of memory when writing the page out.
- Reconciliation will be slow, leading to application stalls.
- related to
WT-2954 Inserting multi-megabyte values can cause large in-memory pages