Our most recent pair of interns investigated the use of Clang Tidy to enforce WiredTiger's code style around the alphabetic ordering of variable declarations. This ticket is to track the work required to integrate this as part of our PR testing.
What needs to be done:
- Migrate these changes over to a separate fork of LLVM under the WiredTiger Github org: https://github.com/boboeee/llvm-project/pull/1.
- Cleanup the code according to Alex Cameron's PR comments.
- Build statically linked versions of Clang Tidy for Linux and MacOS and upload them to an S3 bucket.
- Integrate them into our dist/ scripts. You can use s_clang_format as a reference for how this should be done.
- Add these new scripts to the Evergreen PR testing.
This task should probably be broken down into separate sub-tickets.