As a WT developer, I want to be able to compile the wiredtiger library target (libwiredtiger[.a,.so]), the Python API and C/C++ tests using CMake for x86, Arm64, Power8, and ZSeries architectures.
Definition of done:
- Can invoke CMake in the wiredtiger repository. This should be able to successfully configure/generate a Ninja build on:
- Linux & Darwin environments
- For supported architectures: x86, Arm64, Power8, ZSeries
- For supported compilers: GCC & Clang
- Supports static and shared library builds
- Supports the different extension configurations (e.g compressors)
- Working ninja build that successfully creates a libwiredtiger[.a,.so] file
- Support compiling Python API
- Support compiling C/C++ tests
- Updated documentation for new architectures (if needed) on how to build library with CMake (e.g. README)
- Autoconf/Libtool build still works as expected (should co-exist in tree)
How to do?
Update/extend the CMake scripts created in
WT-7230 to configure, build, and compile the wiredtiger library for the Arm64, Power8, and ZSeries architectures.