As a WT developer, I want to be able to compile the wiredtiger library target (libwiredtiger[.a,.so]) using CMake for the Arm64, Power8, and ZSeries architectures.
Definition of done:
- Can invoke CMake in the wiredtiger repository. This should be able to successfully configure/generate a Ninja build on:
- Linux environments
- For supported architectures: Arm64, Power8, ZSeries
- For supported compilers: GCC & Clang
- Supports static and shared library builds
- Supports the different extension configurations (e.g compressors)
- Working ninja build that successfully creates a libwiredtiger[.a,.so] file
- Working libwiredtiger[.a,.so] file e.g. can link against examples and runs as expected (C, CPP and API tests coming in later task)
- Support for installation target (e.g 'make install' equivalent)
- Updated documentation for new architectures (if needed) on how to build library with CMake (e.g. README)
- Autoconf/Libtool build still works as expected (should co-exist in tree)
How to do?
Update/extend the CMake scripts created in WT-7230 to configure, build, and compile the wiredtiger library for the Arm64, Power8, and ZSeries architectures.