As a WT developer, I want to be able to compile the wiredtiger library target (libwiredtiger[.a,.so]), the Python API and C/C++ tests for Windows, using CMake.
Definition of done:
- Can invoke CMake in the wiredtiger repository. This should be able to successfully configure/generate a Ninja build on:
- Windows platforms.
- For supported compilers: GCC & Clang.
- Supports static and shared library builds
- Supports the different extension configurations (e.g compressors)
- Working ninja build that successfully creates a libwiredtiger[.a,.so] file
- Support compiling Python API
- Support compiling C/C++ tests
- Updated documentation for new architectures (if needed) on how to build library with CMake (e.g. README)
- SCons build still works as expected (should co-exist in tree)