Priority: Major - P3
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 5.1 Required
Sprint:Storage - Ra 2021-07-12
From looking at BF-21361, WiredTiger is opening an excessively amount of open files, reaching almost 64K open files. The recommended machine file limit is 64K.
The error seems to be failing from:
Looking at the FTDC data:
- This shows that dhandles are not being discarded, when verify calls are occurring, eventually reaching to a point where the machine's limit is reached.
- This bug could potentially be occurring, from the dhandle not being able to be cleaned in it's interaction with session verify.
- I have verified that session verify itself does not open any new dhandles through tracking the statistics.
- Through the ss wt cache bytes read into cache metric, it also conveys that verify is reading in a lot of bytes, which is expected.
- We also require the dhandle, checkpoint and schema lock from verify.
- Understand the interaction between how dhandle interacts with verify
- Investigate why the dhandle write lock is being acquired.
- Look at possible reasons why the old dhandle's are not being sweeped