We would like debugging information for the S3 extension to help in diagnosing development and CI test failures.
- Does this affect any team outside of WT? No.
- How likely is it that this use case or problem will occur? Fairly likely.
- If the problem does occur, what are the consequences and how severe are they? Annoying not to have debugging information such as line numbers when encountering an issue during development or CI testing.
- Is this issue urgent? No.
Acceptance Criteria (Definition of Done)
This ticket is considered done when:
- The documentation is updated to include the -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-ggdb" in the example build commands
- The tiered-storage-extensions-test configure flags in evergreen.yml are updated to include -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-ggdb".