The current cmake configuration does not provide a set of defaults that is applicable both for evergreen and developers. This should be refactored to reduce duplication, allow for expansion in the future, be consistent, and make the default behaviour for developers as similar to evergreen as possible.
- Does this affect any team outside of WT?
- How likely is it that this use case or problem will occur?
Somewhat (change driven)
- If the problem does occur, what are the consequences and how severe are they?
Increases the effort and complexity to improve our build
- Is this issue urgent?
Yes. A solid build is required for a solid product.
Acceptance Criteria (Definition of Done)
- Consistency in cmake config (especially across platforms in terms of options, default debug mode
- Minimal overrides required by evergreen when using cmake
- Removal of duplication in evergreen.yaml
- is duplicated by
WT-8986 Investigate clean up of posix_configure_flags in evergreen.yml