Compass doesn't handle the BinData type cleanly in various ways. As follows:
- Multiple BinData with the same value but different subtypes cause Compass to treat them as the same document (see screenshot): "Displaying documents 1-20" but only 1 document is shown.
- The subtype is not shown in any location.
- Nothing I typed in the filter bar ever matched – suggested format (and the 'green' allowed format) was Binary('xxxx') but no value I gave ever produced results.
- The shell type is BinData (rather than Binary) and would be preferred for copy/paste purposes.
- The presence of a document with a BinData value of subtype 2 causes Compass to throw an error instead of showing the documents (or doing schema analysis).