Major - P3
In order to ensure that drivers can connect to both regular and free tier Atlas instances, all drivers need to add automated connectivity tests to Evergreen. These tests only need to verify connectivity – drivers MUST NOT attempt integration tests.
- Create a new private Evergreen project. (A private project ensures that URIs that leak into logs are not publicly visible)
- Create a task that connects to five URIs (provided separately):
- Atlas replica set
- Atlas sharded cluster
- Atlas free tier replica set
- Atlas replica set with only TLS 1.1 enabled
- Atlas replica set with only TLS 1.2 enabled
- For each URI, construct a client, run ismaster manually, run a findOne against the test.test namespace, and verify that no error occurred.
- The provided URIs MUST NOT be hardcoded in your test suite or committed to public github projects. Use Evergreen project variables instead.
The ismaster command succeeding ensures that there are no TLS issues. The findOne succeeding ensures there are no authentication issues.