Currently, the following behavior is observed for the $comment field displayed in the mongodb logs.
- The $comment field's length gets truncated to 150 characters, when it is captured in the logs.
- Increasing the value for maxLogSizeKB, makes no difference. The $comment field length still gets truncated in the logs at 150 characters.
1. The following command can be run in the mongo shell - note the `AB` at the end of the $comment string:
2. In the logs it will be observed that the $comment field gets truncated (note the `...` and no `AB` at the end):
3. Performing a character count on the length of the $comment field (the "XXXX...") will show they are `150 `characters.
Requesting for a feature that allows for changing the length of the $comment field displayed in the logs.