This ticket tracks the automation for the upgrade from the previous 4.4 releases (4.4.0 - 4.4.10) to the latest 4.4 and 5.0 releases.
We need to cover the following scenarios:
- Upgrade from an unclean 4.4.0 - 4.4.6 (both inclusive) should fail
- Upgrade from a clean 4.4.0 - 4.4.6 (both inclusive) should pass
- Upgrade from 4.4.7 - 4.4.10, clean or unclean should pass
Upgrade here means using test/checkpoint as a driving program to do two critical steps:
- Open the database files successfully (which would test doing a rollback-to-stable only in those cases where we can without corruption). Open itself should fail for unclean 4.4.0 - 4.4.6
- For the databases that open successfully verify that the tables created by test/checkpoint all have the same content as per the last checkpoint.
The following test/checkpoint invocation will take care of the above tasks:
test/checkpoint -t r -D -v -h <dir>
Here is a pseudo-code for what automation is needed: